Friday, September 9, 2011

Currently

I have read 212 pages this week and 1404 pages all together

I am currently reading The Silent Man

My favorite sentences are as follows:

"'That is your earpeice. I will give you exactly one more chance to wear it.  If you remove it again I'll have you fitted with this.'  He holds up some sort of metal headgear."  I think this is funny because kids are always resisting, so this guy decides to find a find a way to threaten them into submission.  Since this is a book and not actually happening, I think it's ok for me to laugh.

"Plutarch's attempt to cheer me up- laced with the news of another four, possibly five, murders- somehow backfires."  Yes murders are tragic, but in a book where a clueless man is trying to cheer someone up with news about them is not quite so horrible.  I thought this line was funny and decided to include it.

" To hear delly describe it, I had nest to no friends because I intimidated people by being so exceptional. Not true. I had next to no friends because I wasn't friendly."  No explanation needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment