Tuesday, October 11, 2011

UPDATES for OCTOBER

Last week I read 169 pages. This may be different than what I put on my book mark because I forgot what I put and i've read a little more since then but it should be above 160.

My three favorite sentences for this quarter are:

1) "Valjean is hauled before the bishop for punishment, but the bishop says theres been a mistake, he gave Valjean the backet of silver as a gift but the ex-con forgot the silver candlesticks."
-This is the greatest line I've read this quarter because its a great story!  Even though the man tried to steal the silver the bishop adds more.  This is both slightly comical and sentimental at the same time.

2) "'Because whatever happened in the past is in the past. And no one in this arena was a victor by chance.' He eyes Peeta for a moment. 'Except maybe Peeta.'"
- I like this sentence mainly because I thought it was funny.  This is their trainer talking to them and he decides to single out Peeta who doesn't really have any special talents.  It was a very serious moment too which makes it even funnier.

3) "Plutarch's attempt to cheer me up- laced with the news of another four, possibly five, murders- somehow backfires."
- I liked this sentence because dumb people make me laugh.  This guy is clueless and doesn't even realize that he is making her feel worse.  It's a pretty simple reason for inclination but I don't care much; I'm a simple person.

No comments:

Post a Comment