Friday, October 14, 2011

The exciting conclusion of Zeitoun by Dave Egger- he's the author its not my name

     I finished the book and it really surprised and disguisted me.  Zeitoun was standing in his house with three others when national guardsmen burst in and arrest them.  They asked for identification but when he handed it to them they didn't even bother to look at it.  So he was taken to a makeshift prison which consisted of chainlik fences and barbed wire with a concrete floor that doubles as a bed.  Before being put into this cell he was interrogated because the soldiers thought he was a terrorist.  They repeatedly muttered things such as "taliban" and "al-queda" even though he was not affiliated with them.  I know that this is a book but the kind of stereotyping biggoted "stuff" really gets under my skin.  I don't understand how people can be so closed minded and stupid.  I realize that this is a book but the thing is: it happens.  There are people in the world that are actually like these soldiers and they don't deserve to be placed in the same race as the ones they harasse, because they are nowhere near as worthy of being called a human as the victims are.  I just hate stupid people and this kind of thing get me roling down a very intense hill of annoyance.  I won't tell you what happens at the end, I hate spoilers, but I will tell you that it gets worse for Zeitoun.  It's this kind of book that will make you happy to live in a place where there are no natural disaster to make things get this crazy.  Anyways, its a pretty good book overall and I would definatly suggest it for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment