Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

     This quarter, which went by really quickly!, I have read more books in this period of time than ever before.  I tend to have periods of time in which I will read fanatically, as i have in the beginning of the quarter.  This usually only happens when I have found a new series which I find to be incredible and wprth my time.  This year I was surprised to find that I found this same intense pursuit for the Hunger Games.  I ended up reading all three books in about two days each.  Ever since then my reading has floundered and then fallen to the bare minimum since I have not been able to find a book that really captures my interest.  That is not to say, however, that I haven't found any good books, because I have found a few.  these books were just not TOO good.  I spent all of my spare time reading the Hunger Games but there hasn't been a book that makes me want to do that since then.  The type of reading that challenged me was when he had to read Jane Eyre.  The old fashioned type of speaking and sheer inaction of the plot drove me insane!  I couldn't stand reading the beginning where she just describe EVERYTHING in incredible detail.  I skipped all of that "stuff" and instead searched for anything that may be important.  A challenge that I may try for the semester is to find more books like that in order to attempt to find an understanding with the book.  It's not likely but it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment