Thursday, August 25, 2011

My three favorite sentences

From the Book: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: "I don't watch him as he heads for the door, so I flinch when he whispers in my ear, "By the way, I know about the kiss." This may seem like something from a soap opera, but its not.  I do not read that kind of mush in any circumstance. This happens to be a hidden threat to the main character by the oppressive and sadistic president. I won't give any more away, but it's got some pretty interesting implications.

Same book: " A street made impassable by bombs caused them to be late for their factory shift, so they were still a hundred yards away when it exploded, killing everyone inside- including Twill's husband and Bonnie's whole family." Since you don't know the story this has to be suspenceful and captivating, and so i say- told you it wasn't a soap opera.

Same book: "Two peacekeepers, a man and a woman, are standing in the doorway to our kitchen." Even more suspense and curiosity- which is why i can never seem to put this book down...

No comments:

Post a Comment