Sunday, August 28, 2011

For the week of the 29th

I decided to knock out my three favorite sentences right now, save sometime in the future.  These are all from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

1: "So that the others will have no choice but to target you," says Haymitch flatly. " Go to bed. I can't stand to look at either one of you."
i thought this was funny because it's pretty much a classic line for someone to say when they're mad. I'm a fan of classics.

2: "'Because whatever happened in the past is in the past. And no one in this arena was a victor by chance.' He eyes Peeta for a moment. 'Except maybe Peeta.'" ha! now you've got to admit- that's pretty funny, which is why i decided to make it one of my favorites.

3: "He's just five yards from the beach when he senses them. His eyes only dart up for a second but it's as if he's triggered a bomb." SUSPENSE! Assuming that you haven't read this book before, you have no idea what just happened.  I'm not giving out any spoilers so here's this: and boom goes the dynamite.

No comments:

Post a Comment